Ústav struktury a mechaniky hornin AVČR, v.v.i. V Holešovičkách 41 182 09, Praha 8 Česká republika vCard
- interdisciplinary study of fossilized, particularly permineralized, particularly (silicified), fossil stems/trunks/wood
- imaging methods (microscopy in normal, polarized or reflected light, petrography, mineralogy, hot cathodoluminescence microscopy, scanning scanning electron microscopy
- usage of combination of analytical techniques (XRD, CL spectroscopy, EDS, WDS, Raman analysis, LA ICP-MS). Some of the mentioned techniques are carried out in close collaboration cooperation with Czech and German research institutions
- development of the provenience analysis of permineralized, silicified, Permocarboniferous stems especially based on cathodoluminescence characteristics
- comparative studies between a kind of the plant cell/tissue preservation by humification vs. permineralization process
PhD. at Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Science, Institute of Geology and Palaeontology
Master degree – Environmental Geochemistry (Institute of Geochemistry, Mineralogy and Mineral Resources, Faculty of Science, Charles University, Prague)
Bachelor degree – Management with natural resources (Institute of Geochemistry, Mineralogy and Mineral Resources, Faculty of Science, Charles University, Prague)
Transverse section through mantle of adventitious roots, blue CL indicate later stage of a silicification process, the one rootlet in the picture is deformed and compressed (Stephanian, Balka) Sample No. E 6295, collections of the Nation Museum in Prague, Czech Republic.
Transverse section of inner root zone of a silicified Psaronius rootlet from the inner mantle of adventitious roots (Permian, Chemnitz). Sample No. DS/6 98, collections of Museum für Naturkunde Chemnitz, Germany.